Research Paper Proposal

My research topic I wanted to write and discuss about the effects of chemical spills and
how such can be detrimental to society as well as the ecosystem around it ranging from the
actual area to animals to the daily lives of those residents in such an area. Although the idea
stems from one of the most recent events that has occurred which was the train derailment in
Ohio we have seen on many occasions on how chemical spills have happened around the world.
I want to explain what chemical spills are and how detrimental they are. Eventually leading into
huge events that has occurred whether in the present or in the past and eventually build on how
that could contribute to even harsher events and how that can be even more detrimental to the
environment. Such comparison will range from what has happened on land and also on water and
how they have both affected the ecosystem on both ends.

Source
Andrew J. Whelton Professor of Civil. “How Dangerous Was the Ohio Chemical Train
Derailment? an Environmental Engineer Assesses the Long-Term Risks.” The Conversation, 23
Feb. 2023,
https://theconversation.com/how-dangerous-was-the-ohio-chemical-train-derailment-an-environ
mental-engineer-assesses-the-long-term-risks-199993.