Reflective Self-Assessments

Throughout the semester, I was able to hone new skills and also further improve upon certain skills that I had. This course took many different standpoints such as working collaborative with others and also doing individual work as well. I think that I was able to learn new skills such as doing a literature review. I had rarely done one throughout college, but learning the format and the style of how it is done, I was able to learn more about it and feel confident on being able to do another one with much ease.

Now, some skills I was able to improve more was creating annotated bibliographies and also being able to find more reliable sources. I had done countless annotated bibliographies before, but in this class most of, if not all the word required work sources to be cited or providing proper resources of where the work was found. By doing this more in class I was able to find and cite my sources much more efficiently and also making sure that they were reliable sources.

One thing I that I could have improved and done a better job overall was being able to get better at revising and editing. I felt that this is the field that I lack the most throughout the semester because I did not revise and edit as much as I should have on the work that I submitted for the class. This is something that I still need to work on and becoming much better in doing so.

One thing that I did learn in this class was how when you have the liberty to pick your own topic for a research paper, chances is that your topic will change a lot. I learned that from myself and finding myself conflicted on what to write about. But also having such liberty it allowed for me to write about a topic that interested me.