Introductory Letter

More Than Just the Days That Occur

For about the twenty-two years of existing in this world I have yet had the chance to full express myself and who truly I am. In our lives, more than just the days that occur, there are events that happen that define who we truly are. These moments and these encounters that we face in our daily lives is what shapes us and makes us who we are. It drives us to chase things that intrigue us and fall back from the things that we dislike. In my journey of being about twenty-two years old I have had many defining moments that has made me passionate of certain things while also building the character that I now hone, who has become part of who I am.
Being passionate with certain things in life is what allows for one to feel happy and enjoying the things we do. These things can be minimal to others, but it could mean a lot to your own self. One thing that I know for sure is that I am passionate for working. In life, the ability to know how to work and starting from a young age can pay off in the future. Being and having the chance to work is something that is I am passionate about, because not only does it allow me to see how life truly is but also has created this sense of independence. My current job is working at Starbucks full time as a Barista/Barista Trainer and it is something that I am passionate about because it has allowed me to develop my expertise on coffee but also on even furthermore pushing my ability to connect with people on a personal level. Working has also given me the ability to learn how to become independent and for the most part rely on myself to financially support my needs and other things as well.
Just the same way I am passionate about working, I can say that I am also passionate about my studies and the ability that I know I have in order to achieve even more. For the most part, I am expected to graduate this semester as my four-year run in City College is coming to an end. During these four years I have been able to understand my career path, which is International Studies, and what I truly want out of it. Although I am happy and passionate about being able to receive a bachelor’s degree, for me I am mostly pursuing a master’s degree in International Studies and some day being able to eventually be able to receive a doctorate degree in a similar field of what I am currently doing.
Some of the things that most people that do not know about me is that I have several passions in life. For instance, I am an avid guitar player and I enjoy playing the electric guitar whenever I have the chance to do so. Even though my schedule is always conflicting and for most of the time I am left with little time for myself, I still try to manage to get some time to be able to play the guitar. This interest arose from within me as I have always been an avid rock/metal music fan and also grew up listening to many bands from the 70s and 80s. So, this created a huge interest in me to continue teaching myself to play the electric guitar. Especially with the beginning of the pandemic, I was able to fully focus most of my time to learning the basics of the electric guitar but also being able to cover several songs that I am very fond of. For instance, being a huge Metallica, Kiss, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest and much more, these bands caught my attention to learn their songs and cover them such as Master of the Puppets, The four Horsemen, and much more.
The way I am perceived by family/friends see me as this hardworking person which not to be egotistical, but it is someone who I truly am. For what I have known for most of my life I have fought and driven myself to get all the opportunities that I have achieved on my own. My self-drive is what has allowed me to be where I am at financially and educationally speaking. That is why I am perceived as this hard worker, because I have not given up in the face of adversity and any problems that I have faced in life. Being a hardworking person and having this value instilled with me is something that I am proud of. My family has been able to show how and what hard work can allow one to achieve and how it grants the ability to achieve even more.
Even though there is much more that can be spoken about who I am this is just a brief hint of who I truly am and what makes me who I am.